Shepherds pie😋. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Gordon's take on a real British classic.
American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a. You can cook Shepherds pie😋 using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherds pie😋
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- It’s of Minced meat.
- You need of Onion.
- You need of Tomatoes.
- It’s of Green hoho.
- It’s of Carrots.
- Prepare of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s of Garam masala.
- It’s of Paprika.
- You need of Beef.
- You need of Cheese – cheddar.
These shepherd's pies are prepared just like regular shepherd's pie, but this classic comfort food is This shepherd's pie with cauliflower mash is a low-carb, healthier version of a great cold-weather dish. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily.
Shepherds pie😋 step by step
- Peel potatoes wash and cube them. Then add salt and boil until soft. Then mash adding a little milk to the potatoes. Once done set aside.
- For the minced meat,place them in a pan and let it cook and boil in it's own juices. You dont need to add water. Set aside once done..
- In another pan,fry the onions until golden brown. Add the cubed carrots and let it cook through..
- Add the ginger garlic paste and the tomatoes and hoho,let everything cook up. Add the spices,a little water and let it simmer until the tomatoes release their juices..
- Now to the fried mixture add the minced meat and mix well. Add a little water,cover and let it cook through for 5 minutes or until it's done..
- Transfer the cooked minced meat to your baking dish and spread it out evenly.Then sprinkle a little cheese,I used cheddar. Then now put the mashed potato layer on top and try flatten it over the meat..
- Again sprinkle more cheese according to your liking. Then bake at 180 degree for 20 minutes or until the top layer is well cooked..
- Now it's ready to serve..
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. So flavorful and satisfying that you won't miss the meat! This simple, traditional dish with British origins is easy to make & healthy. Plus, it's the ultimate, classic comfort food & the very best hot meal to warm you up on a chilly night. Shepherd's pie is comforting, satisfying and most of all tastes great!