Meat pie. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada. From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies! ВОСПРОИЗВЕСТИ ВСЕ.
Go retro with the Hairy Bikers' Corned beef pie, spoil yourself with a luxurious steak and ale pie, or keep it seasonal with. This meat pie is a winner every Easter. Stuffed full of ham, salami, and prosciutto, as well as ricotta. You can cook Meat pie using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- It’s of For the dough.
- It’s 5 cups of flour.
- Prepare 3 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt or to taste as desired.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil / butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s of For the fillings.
- It’s 1 kg of minced meat.
- You need of Chopped onions.
- It’s of Chopped green peppers.
- It’s of Ground Scotch bonnet.
- It’s of Irish potatoes (optional).
- You need to taste of Seasonings and spices.
- Prepare 2 of eggs for egg wash (only if its baked meat pie).
Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one! English meat pies are beloved all over the world! English pasties, or beef patties), are meat-filled turnovers.
Meat pie step by step
- Mix all your dough ingredients together to form a soft dough. Cover and set aside..
- Now, half boiled your minced meat with seasonings, spices / thyme..
- Then soutee chopped and ground vegetables with a little amount of oil and pour your minced meat onto it..
- Turn/mixed well and add your spices and seasonings to taste, cover and allow it to Cook completely..
- Roll your dough flat using a chopping board and rolling pin, then cut it into circle..
- Put some of the meat pie fillings onto the dough..
- Fold it to make a semi cycle and pinch the edges to seal it..
- Fry it in a medium hot oil until golden brown..
- And if your are going to bake it, break the egg and beat, egg wash the top before baking..
This tasty treat is said to originate from Cornwall, England. We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. See more ideas about meat pie, recipes, cooking recipes. Australian Meat Pie, an Aussie iconic food in Australia that has a short crust with filling.