You can have Mince Pie using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mince Pie
- You need of For the rich shortcrust pastry:.
- Prepare of Cake flour.
- It’s of Butter (diced and cooled).
- It’s of beat the egg, and use 1/2-2/3 of the egg Egg.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of in total For the filling:.
- Prepare of Apple (remove the core).
- You need of Currants.
- You need of Raisins.
- You need of Sultana raisins.
- It’s of Orange peels.
- It’s of Lemon (organic, not treated with fungicides).
- You need of Almond flour.
- Prepare of Brandy.
- Prepare of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare of Clove powder.
- It’s of All spice.
- You need of Toppings:.
- It’s of Powdered sugar.
Mince Pie step by step
- For the shortcrust pastry: Measure out the cake flour (and the salt) in a bowl, add the diced butter, and with your chilled fingertips, coat the butter with the flour and break it up into fine pieces. Work quickly to prevent the butter from warming up by the warmth of your fingertips..
- Work until it's crumbly. Once it's mixed, gradually pour in the beaten egg, being careful not to add to much at once, and stir with a chopstick..
- Once the mixture from Step 2 comes together, bring the dough together with your hands, divide into half, wrap with plastic wrap, and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes..
- For the filling: Finely chop the apple, raisins, sultana raisins, and orange peels, and leave the currants as-is..
- Put all of the ingredients from Step 4 in a bowl, add the almond flour, brandy, spices, the zest of the lemon, and juice from 1/2 a lemon, and taste. Add more lemon juice if needed..
- Take half of the dough out of the refrigerator, dust the surface, and with a rolling pin, roll it out until about 2 mm thick..
- Cut out 7 cm and 6 cm diameter circles. Bring the remaining dough together, and again, roll out and cut out. You should be able to make 8 circles of each size with half of the dough..
- Line the tart pan with the larger circle dough, put 1 spoonful of the filling, and cover with the smaller circle of dough. Brush the edges of the dough with the leftover beaten egg, and tightly seal the edges..
- Repeat Step 6 through 8. If you have leftover dough, form the dough into a gyoza dumpling shape..
- Bake in the oven at 200°C for 20 minutes until the surface is golden brown, and let it cool..
- Dust with powdered sugar through a tea strainer, and it's done..