Potato salad. Potato salad is a dish made from boiled potatoes and a variety of other ingredients. It is generally considered a side dish, as it usually accompanies the main course. Potato salad is the first food I can remember eating.
Potato salad can be served right away, or refrigerated until ready to serve. A classic potato salad updated with a herby soured cream dressing, perfect for serving with fish Our classic potato salad recipe is the perfect barbecue side dish, great for picnic spreads or paired with. Most potato salad recipes combine cooked potatoes, chopped onion, and other vegetables, sometimes eggs, and some type of salad dressing or mayonnaise. You can cook Potato salad using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato salad
- You need 4 of potatoes.
- You need 8 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of vinegar (not mandatory).
- It’s 1/2 table spoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber.
- It’s 2 of boiled eggs.
- Prepare 2 slices of hams.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
A party is just not a party without potato salad. Creamy, vinegary, chunky, and even sweet, these recipes will definitely beat any store-bought salad. Find the best potato salad recipes listed first so you find the recipe you want fast. These fresh and tasty potato salad recipes are ideal for serving along any protein that's gracing your grill this summer.
Potato salad instructions
- Sprinkle a little salt on the sliced cucumbers and leave. Squeeze when it gets moist..
- Cut hams and eggs into small pieces..
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces and put it in a microwave safe plate. Cover the plate with plastic wrap and microwave for 7min..
- Crush the potatoes with a masher or the back of a spoon..
- Add mayo, vinegar, sugar into a crushed potatoes and mix..
- Add cucumber, ham, eggs into potatoes and mix..
- Sprinkle som salt and pepper..
Potato salad is a classic American comfort food great for any occasion. Try your hand at one of these recipes for your next party, picnic or potluck! Easy creamy potato salad recipe with lots of tips for making it best, including the best potatoes to use and how to cook them. See how to make our homemade potato salad with a simple classic dressing. Potato salad gets a makeover for the season with the addition of roasted asparagus and radishes.