Easy and Delicious! Kansai-style Fluffy Okonomiyaki.
You can have Easy and Delicious! Kansai-style Fluffy Okonomiyaki using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy and Delicious! Kansai-style Fluffy Okonomiyaki
- It’s 400 grams of Cabbage.
- You need 160 grams of Nagaimo (or yamaimo).
- Prepare 1 dash of Green onions.
- It’s 1 of to 2 ☆ Egg(s).
- You need 20 grams of ☆ Pizza cheese.
- Prepare 8 grams of ☆ Dashi stock granules.
- It’s 100 ml of ☆ Water.
- You need 1 tsp of ☆ Mirin.
- You need 1 tsp of ☆ Sake.
- Prepare 140 grams of Flour.
- You need 200 grams of (Thinly sliced) pork.
- It’s 1 of Okonomiyaki sauce.
- It’s 1 of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of Aonori.
- You need 1 of Bonito flakes.
- You need 1 of Rice bran oil (or vegetable oil).
Easy and Delicious! Kansai-style Fluffy Okonomiyaki instructions
- Rough chop the cabbage, rinse, then drain. Grate the yam. Finely chop the green onion..
- When browned as shown in the photo, they are ready. If you set an electric griddle on the warming setting, you can enjoy them while they're hot..
- Combine all of the ☆ ingredients in a bowl, and mix well. If using yamaimo, add 30 ml more water..
- Add flour to the bowl, and mix well. (If you're concerned about lumps, sift in the flour.).
- Increase the temperature of the electric griddle to 240 °C, then coat with rice bran oil. Quickly sauté the pork until browned, and add to the batter. This step is key to this recipe!.
- Coat the griddle with more oil, then pour in the batter. One pancake should use about a quarter of the batter..
- Flip over when they start to bubble..
- When browned as shown in the photo, they are ready. If you set the griddle on the warming setting, enjoy them hot..
- Drizzle on a generous amount of sauce (we use Otafuku Okonomiyaki Sauce), and mayonnaise to taste..
- Top with ao-nori dried seaweed and bonito flakes, then serve..