Toasted Onigiri with Leftover Rice.
You can cook Toasted Onigiri with Leftover Rice using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Toasted Onigiri with Leftover Rice
- Prepare 600 grams of Hot cooked rice.
- It’s 60 grams of Soy sauce or menstuyu (Japanese noodle dipping sauce).
- You need 10 of shakes Umami seasoning.
Toasted Onigiri with Leftover Rice step by step
- Add soy sauce or mentsuyu and umami seasoning into hot cooked rice and mix well. If possible, mix in a rice cooker to keep warm!.
- Spread aluminum foil on an oven pan. If you'd like to butter the onigiri, spread butter at this point..
- Preheat the pan in the toaster oven until hot (heating the pan avoids the onigiri from sticking to it)..
- While the pan is preheating, divide the rice into six portions and form into onigiri..
- Align the onigiri on the hot pan and toast for about 15 minutes. Keep your eyes on them and adjust the cooking time as cooking time varies by machine..
- When it's done, set aside to cool on the pan. When it's slightly cooled, it becomes easier to remove from the aluminum foil (it will stick and fall apart when still warm)..
- I usually use Ninben's "Tsuyu no moto" when I use dipping sauce, but I usually make this with soy sauce Try either one!.