Dan Dan Noodle Hot Pot with Lots of Cabbage and Bean Sprouts.
You can have Dan Dan Noodle Hot Pot with Lots of Cabbage and Bean Sprouts using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dan Dan Noodle Hot Pot with Lots of Cabbage and Bean Sprouts
- It’s of For the meat-miso:.
- Prepare 1 of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 piece of Ginger.
- Prepare 170 grams of Ground mixed pork and beef (or use ground chicken for a lighter flavor).
- You need 1/2 of ○Japanese leek (for the meat-miso).
- Prepare 2 tsp of ○Doubanjiang.
- You need 2 tsp of ○Shaoxing wine (or cooking sake).
- Prepare of For the soup:.
- It’s 800 ml of ●Hot water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ● Chinese soup stock.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ●Zhi ma jiang (or ground sesame seeds, or tahini).
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of ●Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ●Soy sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ●Ground sesame seeds.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ●Ra-yu with Szechuan pepper (or regular ra-yu with chili pepper).
- You need 1 of ●Black pepper.
- Prepare of Hotpot additions:.
- Prepare 2 head of Bok choy.
- It’s 1/2 of Cabbage.
- You need 1 of and 1/2 stalks Japanese leek (for the hot pot).
- It’s 1 bag of Bean sprouts.
- You need 1 bunch of Enoki mushrooms.
Dan Dan Noodle Hot Pot with Lots of Cabbage and Bean Sprouts step by step
- Make the meat-miso: Spread sesame oil in a pan and stir fry the finely chopped garlic and ginger. When it's fragrant, add the ground meat and keep stir frying..
- Meat-miso continued: When the ground meat is cooked through, add the finely chopped leek, shaoxing wine and doubanjiang and stir fry some more. Transfer to a plate..
- Prepare the vegetables: Separate the leaves one by one from the root end. Slice the leek diagonally. Take the root end off the enoki mushrooms and shred..
- Vegetables, continued: Cut 2/3 of the cabbage into pieces. Shred the remaining 1/3..
- Put the ● flavoring ingredients in a pot and bring a boil. Add the vegetables from Step 3, the cut up (not shredded) cabbage from Step 4, and the meat-miso from Step 2..
- When it's cooked through, add 1/2 of the bean sprouts on top and simmer (kamaboko not listed).
- Add the rest of the bean sprouts and the shredded cabbage, and it's done..
- The cabbage and bean sprouts are delicious simmered until tender too..
- Variations: beef tendon, harusame glass noodles, Chinese chives, shiitake mushrooms, wiener sausages, spinach, meatballs, tofu, daikon radish..
- Variation: As the 'shime' (last course) for the hot pot, try pho noodles, ramen noodles, plain rice or udon noodles..
- Variation: Add miso for Miso-dan dan nabe..