Baked Foil Parcel Orange Blossom Salmon. Great recipe for Baked Foil Parcel Orange Blossom Salmon. This recipe was adapted from allrecipes. The original one was using lemon instead of orange, and didn't use honey and lemon juice.
This salmon is flavoured with an exotic mix on marjoram, lemon and star anise, but you could use the same method and incorporate your own favourite flavours. Reviews for: Photos of Baked Salmon in Foil. Bake salmon in a foil parcel for a delectably delicious supper. http The salmon is guaranteed to be moist and never dries out. You can cook Baked Foil Parcel Orange Blossom Salmon using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Foil Parcel Orange Blossom Salmon
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare of Olive oil (orange flavor or just use the original extra virgin).
- It’s 1 tsp of dried marjoram or use oregano if you need to replace.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of orange.
- Prepare 1/4 of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbs of honey (or sugar).
- Prepare 5 of whole star anise.
- Prepare 250 gr of salmon fillet.
- It’s 2 stalk of lemongrass.
Seasoned with marjoram, star anise and lemon, this salmon supper brings exotic flavours to the dinner table without any effort. While Orange Blossom dominates this Mediterranean fragrance, its complex notes find their essence in sweet petitgrain and bergamot accords. A sunny harmony where lemon brings just a hint of insolence for a sensual, radiant eau de parfum. Cooking salmon in foil is a way of steaming it.
Baked Foil Parcel Orange Blossom Salmon instructions
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5..
- Slice onions into semicircles. Put onions in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and fry gently until soft and brown, about 10 minutes. Season with marjoram or oregano and a little salt and set aside..
- Cut the orange into slices and place them in a single layer in a clean frying pan, cooking them on high until lightly browned on both sides, about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice and drizzle of honey. Add the star anise and water, bring to the boil and remove from the heat..
- In a baking tin large enough to fit the whole fillet, lay down sheets of aluminium foil with enough overlap to wrap the fillet up like a parcel. Add the onions in a layer and then place the salmon fillet (if you use the skin, place the skin side down), on top of the onions. Rub the fillet with salt and pepper. Lay the orange slices and star anise evenly spaced over the top of the fillet, and place 2 lemongrass which have already been cracked into each side..
- Fold up the edges of the foil over the fillet to make a parcel, making sure to seal the edges well..
- Bake the parcel for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, open foil and serve..
Not only will the salmon not dry out, it will produce a flavorful sauce as its juices collect in the pouch along with those of the accompanying ingredients. Now here comes the additional step hardly anyone uses: Set the parcel on your hot skillet and let it. Salmon fillets, baked in foil over a bed of julienned red bell peppers and leeks. These salmon, rocket and orange parcels look impressive, and they're so easy to make! Now wrap the foil over the salmon to make a loose but tightly sealed parcel.