Scotch egg. I hope you enjoy this Scotch Eggs recipe! We've fallen hard for Scotch eggs—the gastropub staple—cooked eggs swaddled in sausage meat, then breaded and fried. I usually use Panko breadcrumbs as they get so crunchy and delish.
Boil the eggs until they're as hard as you like and coat. Serve with lovely Scottish cheese & pickle. They're worth the effort for a special picnic treat. You can have Scotch egg using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scotch egg
- You need 6 of hard boiled eggs.
- Prepare 700 g of minced chicken.
- You need of Bread crumbs as required.
- It’s of Flour as required.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 7 of mixed spices.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
A hidden layer of bacon makes this traditional Scotch egg recipe extra special, from BBC Good Food. A hard-boiled egg encased in sausage and bread crumbs and then deep-fried may seem like a product of modern pub culture, but the Scotch egg was invented by London department. Scotch eggs are basically boiled Eggs wrapped in a blanket of Sausage meat, breaded and deep-fried till Eggs – I prefer my yolk solid but soft enough. If you like the running yolk, feel free to boil, simply.
Scotch egg step by step
- Add a dash of all the different spices,add seasoning to the minced chicken and mix well.
- Break the 2 eggs in a bowl Flour as required.
- Flour also in a bowl.
- Bread crumbs for coating.
- Peeled boiled egg.
- Then, spread a cling film or nylon on a board, add a scoop of the seasoned minced chicken and flatten,drop the egg on top and cover up with the nylon to spread over the meat and cover the egg..
- This is how it should look like.
- Then coat with flour.
- Coat with egg.
- And then drop into the bread crumbs and cover up.
- Repeat same procedure and make all scotchs.
- Then set oil in a pan and fry until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Serve with some sauce to make it more appealing.
Although Scotch eggs have been around for eons. Scotch Eggs are hard-boiled eggs wrapped in sausage meat, breaded and fried. Served with a delicious mustard dipping sauce, this is quintessential British fare. Who said British food is bland? Baked Scotch eggs combine two of my favorite keto protein foods – meatballs and hard-boiled What is a Scotch egg?