Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice.
You can have Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Prepare 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of Powdered Jaggery or Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil.
- It’s 2 1/2 tablespoons of Hung Yoghurt (Use dairy free yoghurt for vegan version).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of Ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger powder.
- Prepare Big pinch of Ground nutmeg.
- You need Big Pinch of Ground cloves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s Big Pinch of Baking Soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sprouted ragi flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Bajra flour (pearl millet).
- You need 1/2 cup of – Whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of – Pitted and chopped dates.
- You need Small handful of Raisins.
- You need Handful of Chopped cashew small.
- You need Handful of Chopped almonds small.
Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice step by step
- Add the flour(s) into a bowl. Stir in baking soda and salt..
- In a bowl cream the coconut oil, sugar and yogurt until smooth and creamy. You can use a hand mixer or simply whisk by hand. I whisked it by hand..
- Add in the vanilla and spices. Mix well..
- Add the flour into the wet ingredients and mix well. Add chopped dates and nuts and mix thoroughly..
- Combine well into a soft dough..
- Cling wrap the dough and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Shape cookies into desired shape. (you can also alternately roll out the dough and make shapes with cookie cutters) Arrange the cookies on a greased baking tray..
- Bake for 19 to 20 minutes (oven times may vary) or till the edges just start to change color. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container. (don't worry if the cookies are slightly soft after baking, they will harden as they cool down).