Vickys Vegan Jelly/Jello, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
You can have Vickys Vegan Jelly/Jello, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Vegan Jelly/Jello, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- You need 400 ml of fruit juice.
- It’s 50 ml of water if using agar-agar and reduce the fruit juice by 50ml.
- It’s 100 grams of fruit of choice (optional).
- It’s of agar-agar powder or flakes as required by pack instruction.
- It’s of (or use 4 sheets Dr Oetkers leaf gelatine).
Vickys Vegan Jelly/Jello, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free instructions
- Boil the water and add the agar stirring until dissolved. Different brands have different diluting instructions but the basic rule is 1tsp powder/ 1 tbsp flakes to 8 fl oz / 240 mls liquid. If using leaf gelatine, soak the sheets in cold water and then discard the water, adding straight to the boiling juice.
- Pour the agar mix into the fruit juice and stir well until thickening.
- Layer the fruit in the botton of your mould or moulds, I prefer to use individual ones for the children, then pour the liquid on top.
- Let cool, then refrigerate to set. Citrus fruits will take longer to set so I add an extra quarter teaspoon of powder if I'm using say, orange.
- To free from the mould set it in hot water for a few seconds..
- The texture using agar-agar is not exactly the same as regular gelatine jelly but still highly enjoyable.