Vegan squash and potato filo pie. Home » Recipes » Vegan Recipes » Vegan Pot Pie with Filo Crust. This pie is one of my favorite vegetarian filo pastry recipes that always turns out delicious. A great idea is to pair it with a nice comforting soup like this hearty vegan minestrone or creamy sweet potato lentil soup.
Next, pour the onion and leek mixture onto the potatoes and spread evenly. Fold the overhanging filo sheets inwards, layer by layer, and brush them with olive oil to seal it close, brush the top of the pie as. Spiced Squash Filo PieSchool Night Vegan. You can cook Vegan squash and potato filo pie using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan squash and potato filo pie
- It’s 1 of Kabocha squash or 1/2 butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 of small purple cauliflower florets.
- It’s 1 of red onion.
- It’s 3 of whole sage leaves.
- Prepare 1 of thyme.
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vegan cream fresh or 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dairy free margarine and 2more large tablespoons for the pastry.
- It’s 4 sheets of filo pastry and 2-3 more for the top cover.
Christmas when vegan or vegetarian used to just mean a sad nut roast or maybe a collection of side dishes with some veggie gravy granules Not all that delicious. This is where a show stopping, party dish like this Chestnut, Mushroom & Squash Christmas Filo Wreath Pie comes in! Give this vegan spanakopita pie a whirl – it's perfect for a vegan Easter main or picnic centrepiece. Make sure to subscribe to my channel.
Vegan squash and potato filo pie instructions
- Peel all the vegetables. Slice the squash in half and take out the seeds and the soft middle. Break the cauliflower florets from the stem. Cut the potato and the squash roughly into 5cm squares, cover them with cold water, season with salt. Bring them to boil. After 10 minutes add the cauliflower florets cooked them until the potato and squash are tender. Meanwhile, halve and thinly slice the red onion..
- Drain the water from the squash and potato and set them on the side. On medium heat, heat up a large pan, add 1 tablespoon of margarine and when it’s melted add the sage leaves, the crushed coriander seeds and thyme leaves. After 2 minutes when the sage leaves changed colour add the onion, keep stirring and fry them until soft. After add the potato, squash, cauliflower and creme fraiche, mix them well and cook them for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Use an approximately 23cm loose bottomed quiche tin and grease it inside with a knob of margarine. Place the first sheet of filo pastry and brush it with some melted margarine. Repeat this with every layer of the filo pastry. Add the potato,squash mix. Fold the filo leaves to cover the top of the pie an brush the layers with the margarine. To cover the middle of the pie use some more pastry sheets, also grease every layer..
- Bake it until golden brown, approximately 25-30 minutes..
New videos every week Enter the GIVEAWAY for this amazing KitchenAid Blender (better than. With an abundance of winter squash, I decided to make a winter dessert including squash and filo Easy Vegetable Pot Pie. Pull what you need from the freezer or pantry from this one. Frozen pie crust, a can of cream of potato soup, and a mega can. I made this crispy little spiced squash filo pie for my new years eve gathering this week and boy oh boy!