Japanese Deep Fried Chicken (Tatsuta Age).
You can have Japanese Deep Fried Chicken (Tatsuta Age) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Deep Fried Chicken (Tatsuta Age)
- It’s 400 grams of Chicken Thigh.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake (Japanese Cooking Wine).
- You need 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need As needed of Potato Starch.
- It’s As needed of Lettuce.
- It’s As needed of Lemon.
Japanese Deep Fried Chicken (Tatsuta Age) step by step
- Remove a bit of the excess fat and born from Chicken. Poke holes on both sides with fork and cut into large bite size (20 – 30 grams/ piece)..
- Mix the Soy sauce, Sake & Mirin in a bowl. Pour it on the Chicken, rub it in to marinate. Leave for 15 to 30 minutes and occasionally turn over. (If you want to freeze the chicken, you can do it then.).
- Wrap the chicken with paper towels and damp dry..
- Just before frying, coat the chicken with potato starch and dust off the excess powder. (Put the chicken & potato starch into a plastic bag. And shake it. You can make coat the chicken with potato starch easily.).
- Heat the frying oil 180 degrees, then put the chicken pieces in. Turn them over and fry till golden brown..
- Place the fried chicken on paper towels to soak the excess oil. Serve it with the lettuce on a dish. Squeeza the Lemon on the fried chicken and eat it..