Ofada jollof rice. The video will be showing you how to cook Ofada Jollof Rice. Jollof rice is a must have party food in most african events. This Jollof rice recipe will be.
Ofada rices are mostly blends, and some of the rice varieties in the blends are not indigenous to Africa; however, they usually also contain African rice. Ofada rice is a popular Nigerian rice variety. It is also called Unpolished rice as it is rice in it's Pick the stones and dirt from the Ofada rice. You can have Ofada jollof rice using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ofada jollof rice
- It’s 4 of milk cups of ofada rice.
- It’s of Ground nut oil.
- You need of Blended fresh Pepper.
- It’s 1 of big ball Onion.
- You need of Fresh Titus fish.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need of Knorr cubes & salt.
Do this carefully as Ofada rice is known to be very dirty and. This recipe is another jollof rice variation that involves using Ofada rice instead of the usual long-grian rice. Jollof rice, or jollof (/dʒəˈlɒf/), also known as benachin in Wolof ('one pot'), is a one-pot rice dish popular in many West African countries such as The Gambia, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Sierra Leone, Côte d'Ivoire, Liberia, Togo and Mali. Jollof Rice (Jellof Rice) – a popular Nigerian one-pot dish that is bursting with flavors topped with mixed veggies and wide variety or protein for an incredible easy and hearty meal in a bowl!
Ofada jollof rice step by step
- Par boil rice, wash & set aside. Place pot on heat, add oil, when hot add chopped onion then add blended paste & allow to fry.
- In a separate pot boil fish with seasoning & enough onions for great flavor.
- Now add water to the fried paste, add seasoning & allow to boil..
- Add rice & taste for seasoning (add if necessary). Allow to cook & when water is almost drained add fish & black pepper. Allow to cook. Turn off heat when water is drained. Serve & enjoy..
At Ofada Hut, we share the richness of our culture with Nigeria's home grown rice that is not only tasty, but also delicious. We make the best of meals and do the exquisite stuff all in one. Ofada rice and stew is one of those delicious native savory dishes that packs a major punch as it is flavored with smoked died shrimp, and fermented locust beans (iru). Try Ofada jollof rice, ofada fried rice, ofada white rice and stew, ofada coconut rice. With our Ofada Rice, you can perform wonders in your kitchen and I bet it ur family will give you kudos.