Beer batter fish and chips.
You can cook Beer batter fish and chips using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beer batter fish and chips
- Prepare 2 cups of self raising flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Oregano, sage.
- Prepare of Limes.
- You need 2 of medium onions minced.
- You need 1 bunch of coriander minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise.
- You need of Vinegar.
- Prepare 500 ml of Tusker or light beer.
- It’s of Hand cut fries brined.
Beer batter fish and chips instructions
- In a bowl mix 1½ cups of flour, oregano sage, and 1½ tsp garlic powder and pepper and 450ml of the tusker.
- On a chopping board portion the fish and sprinkle with vinegar.
- In a plate ad the rest of the dry ingredients remaining, then dip the fillet in the seasoned flour.
- Shake of excess and dip in beer batter and drop in hot oil.
- Fry till golden brown, then place in the oven for a few minutes to drain.
- Fry the fries till golden.
- In a bowl mix the mayo, onions, coriander and squeeze a lemon on top..
- Serve with tarter sauce, lime wedges, and fries and fish.