You can have Fried Fish using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Fish
- Prepare of Oil (for deep frying).
- You need 1/2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s of Salt (to taste).
- Prepare of Pepper (to taste).
- You need pound of fish fillets (such as haddock, tilapia, or cod).
- Prepare of Optional: lemon wedges, tartar sauce, or homemade rémoulade sauce (for serving).
Fried Fish instructions
- Gather the ingredients..
- Pour 1 inch of oil into a skillet and heat over medium-high heat to 375 F..
- Combine the flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl or deep plate and mix together..
- Dip a fish fillet or two into the flour mixture. Make sure they are completely coated on all sides and gently shake off any excess. Repeat with the remaining fillets..
- Working in batches, fry the fish in the hot oil for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, crispy, and cooked through. Remove and set on a cooling rack to let drain or on a platter lined with newspaper or paper towel..