Lasagna. Lasagne are a type of wide, flat pasta, possibly one of the oldest types of pasta. Lasagne, or the singular lasagna, is an Italian dish made of stacked layers of thin flat pasta alternating with fillings. This lasagna recipe calls for uncooked noodles to be baked between layers of cheese and beef in spaghetti sauce.
These lasagna recipes (some vegan, others stuffed full of meat and cheese) prove just how much flavor can be stacked between sheets of pasta. This lasagna recipe is super simple to make, and so flavorful. It's perfect for potlucks and other The site may earn a commission on some products. You can cook Lasagna using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2-1/2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 container (15 oz) of part skim ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, divided.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- Prepare 1 jar (24 oz) of pasta sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 12 of lasagna noodles.
It couldn't be easier to make. Your ingredient options when making lasagna are virtually endless. You can make vegetarian lasagna, a meat lover's lasagna, or lasagna with all the works, packed with your. From Italian lasagna (and its plural lasagne), possibly from Vulgar Latin *lasania, from Latin lasanum ("cooking pot"), from Ancient Greek λάσανον (lásanon, "trivet or stand for a pot").
Lasagna step by step
- Heat oven to 350°f.
- Brown meat in large skillet on med-high heat..
- In separate bowl mix 1-1/4 cups Motz, ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, parsley and egg until blended.
- Drain meat and return to skillet. Stir in Pasta sauce and add the 1 cup of water to the jar, shake and add to meat..
- Spread 1 cup of meat mixture to bottom of pan.
- Top with noodles. Add 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup meat sauce. Repeat..
- Bake 1 hour or until heated through, removing foil after 45 minutes. Let stand 15min before severing..
Others argue the Italian lasagna originally derived from the Arabic لَوْزِينَج (lawzīnaj, "almond cake"). This classic lasagna recipe is all about making a quality ragù—it's hard to mess up once you get that right. Add lasagna to one of your lists below, or create a new one. This EASY Lasagna Soup tastes just like lasagna with layers of cheesy noodles smothered in rich marinara infused with garlic, onion and Italian spices all smothered Parmesan, mozzarella and ricotta. Pasta noodles piled high and layered full of three kinds of cheese to go along with the perfect blend of meaty and zesty, tomato pasta sauce all loaded with herbs.