Garlic basil pasta with cured egg yolk. Bring the chicken stock to a boil and pull pasta out it can be any pasta or home made pasta. Chef Elise Kornack shows us how to cure egg yolks to add unique flavors to salads, vegetables, and pasta dishes. Still haven't subscribed to Bon Appetit on.
The recipe is a nod to pesto but without pine nuts to thicken it. Instead, the recipe takes a cue from pasta carbonara, mixing an egg yolk into the base of pureed. Cured Egg Yolk Recipe – How to Salt Cure Egg Yolks You can cook Garlic basil pasta with cured egg yolk using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Garlic basil pasta with cured egg yolk
- You need 1 of Cured egg yolk.
- It’s 2 cups of pasta.
- Prepare 6 cup of chix stock.
- You need 2 tbs of Homemade basil garlic butter.
Like a hard cheese, cured yolks can quickly add savory depth and complexity to a wide range of foods—soups, salads, pastas, and even meats. Cure the yolks and freeze the whites in ice cube trays. Have yolks left from a recipe? Cure the yolks and freeze the whites in ice cube trays.
Garlic basil pasta with cured egg yolk instructions
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil and pull pasta out it can be any pasta or home made pasta.
- Add pasta to stock and cook for 7-10 mins till al dente.
- Drain the liquid and add garlic basil butter to bowl and let it melt on pasta for 2 mins then mix.
- Get cured eggyolks and use cheese grater or zester and grate on top of pasta.
Finely grate cured egg yolks over soups, pastas, or salads as you would a hard cheese. This will "cure" your egg yolk. If you leave it long enough, the yolk will firm up to the point where it seems almost as though it has been partially boiled. Scoop the egg yolk you left in the fridge out of the soy sauce, and carefully place on top of the pasta. • Grate some parmesan on top if you wish. An egg yolk/garlic marinade tenderizes these chicken breasts before they are dipped in a seasoned crumb mixture and baked.