Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce. Coconut Crepe Cake with Banana Cream. The BEST Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings… Mat Ganjang Korean Flavored Soy Sauce Recipe… I really enjoy drinking soju mix with lemon, lime, orange or grapefruit juice. Of course those are not count as cocktail, I dink as shot! lol.
Heat oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pan. Salted Egg Prawn is simply amazing. Imagine the good taste of nilasing na hipon elevated to a whole new level by tossing in a sauce with creamy salted Deep fry in medium heat until the prawn turns light to golden brown. You can cook Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce
- It’s 1/4 of kilo Prawns.
- It’s 1 of salted egg, 2 if using yolk only.
- You need 1/2 head of garlic.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- Prepare of Coating.
- Prepare 1/2 pack of Crispy Fry chicken breading mix (25-30g) or use seasoned cornstarch or flour.
- It’s of Marinade.
- You need 2 of jiggers/shots Soju (Korean alcoholic beverage- Chamisul Original, Classic, or Fresh).
- Prepare 1/4 of Shrimp broth cube/bullion.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
- It’s of Coco Cream Mixture (if no available fresh coconut cream).
- It’s 3 of heaping Tbsp of Coconut powder dissolved in 1/8c water.
- It’s 1/2 c of all-purpose cream.
Remove from the pot and set aside. Prepare the salted egg yolk sauce by. In recent months, salted egg yolk sauce is the new craze here. This is made from a pre-packed sauce which is certainly not the best that I have tasted.
Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce instructions
- First prep the prawns: devein the prawns, with scissors cut the back part of shell from head to tail carefully then remove the vein. Snip away the long whiskers and trim the legs..
- Prepare the marinade: in a container or ziploc bag, pour in the Soju and dissolve the 1/4 shrimp broth cube in it..
- Season the prawns with salt and pepper then marinate in the Soju mixture. Turn prawns every now and then while prepping the cream mixture. The picture below shows less liquid cos it has been absorbed..
- While marinating the prawns, prepare the coconut-salted egg cream mixture. If you have no coco cream, you can dissolve 3 heaping tbsps of coconut powder in a small amount of water then add to your all-purpose cream. Stir and mix well. Taste, and add more coconut powder if it doesn't taste coconut-y as you like..
- Prep your salted egg by cutting it up in small pieces. Your choice to include the whites or just the yolks. (1 egg or 2 yolks per 1/4k prawns)..
- Add the chopped salted egg to your coconut cream mixture. With a spoon, stir and mash it on the sides. It won't totally dissolve, that's okay. Below picture still have big pieces so I mashed it on the sides and kept stirring. Then set aside for later..
- Prepare your coating mix in a container (with lid) as you heat the non-stick pan with cooking oil. One by one remove prawns from the Soju marinade and place in your coating mix. Cover with lid and shake until coated. Set aside for cooking..
- Shallow fry both sides of the coated prawns in hot oil (or butter&oil) until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Cook all and set aside. Save the remaining oil drippings for later if you want (tasty!)..
- In another non-stick pan, heat the butter, cook the garlic until light golden. Add the coco cream mixture and bring to a simmer in low heat. You'll see the oil rise (looks like cream is splitting but that's okay)..
- Drop in your golden prawns. Stir gently and mix in the sauce well. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat. Don't over cook!.
- Plate and serve with rice and/or a salad with prawn drippings. Enjoy!.
Prawns rausnehmen und auf die Seite stellen. Das verbleibende Öl in die Pfanne geben, dazu die Nelken, den Kardamom und die Lorbeerblätter. Salted Egg Chicken is a popular hit dish, especially in Salted Egg Yolk Buttered Prawns. As far as seafood goes, prawns are a good idea. · Chicken and Potatoes with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce – Crisp-tender chicken baked to absolute. Fried prawns coated with salted egg yolk is another Chinese New Year favourite.