Flavourful Egg and Vegetable Wrap. Fold front edge over filling, then roll. Egg and stir-fried fresh vegetables on a low-carb tortilla are the basis for this delightful wrap. Add some oriental sauces to spice it up, and you It had tiny pieces of Chinese spareribs and many fresh and flavorful vegetables mixed into the egg.
These low-calorie wraps are perfect for a casual lunch gathering for friends or for taking on a Just wrap each one tightly in wax paper and then plastic wrap. They'll hold in your insulated picnic bag with ice packs for up to five hours. Egg roll wrappers/skins are found in the produce section of most supermarkets. You can cook Flavourful Egg and Vegetable Wrap using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Flavourful Egg and Vegetable Wrap
- Prepare 3 of large tortillas.
- It’s 3 leaves of lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot.
- Prepare 1 of small onion (I used white but purple is also fine).
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of medium cucumber.
- You need 1 of small bell pepper (I used green but any colour is fine).
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded cabbage.
- Prepare 2 of and 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup + more for assembling.
- Prepare 2 of and1/2 tbsp salad cream or mayonnaise + more for assembling.
- You need to taste of Salt,.
- You need of The juice of 1 medium sized lemon.
- You need 3 of and 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of hard boiled medium sized eggs or cooked beef or chicken.
If you're ambitious,search "egg roll wrap" and "egg roll wrappers" and try the homemade variety. These freeze well: just use the defrost setting in the microwave – or let sit overnight in the refrigerator. I have used vegetables and eggs to make this delicious kathi rolls. You can skip eggs and make this as vegetable chapati rolls also.
Flavourful Egg and Vegetable Wrap step by step
- Prep the vegetables by washing them thoroughly in salted water. Grate the carrot, remove the seeds and dice the tomatoes and bell pepper. Cut up the onions as well and finely dice the garlic or press if you have a garlic press. Put all these in separate bowls (preferably). Mix the cucumber and garlic together at this point to make handling easier..
- Next, pour about a tsp each of both lemon juice and oil on all the vegetables and salt to taste. After, leave for about 5 minutes and then strain all the vegetables except the lettuce so the wrap doesn't turn out soggy. Also in a separate bowl, mix the ketchup and cream or mayo until well combined..
- To assemble, (I assembled mine on my cutting board) microwave the tortillas for about 15 seconds to make them more flexible. Next, brush about 1 and 1/2 tbsp of the ketchup and cream mixture all over the tortilla..
- Then put 1 lettuce in the middle of the tortilla and next pour on a generous amount of cabbage, then tomatoes, followed by half of the eggs/beef/chicken and carrots, then cucumber and garlic and finally some bell peppers and onions and more egg/beef/chicken (this is just the order I like to follow to give you the perfect bite but feel free to switch it up.) You can add fries too. To finish, drizzle on some extra tomato ketchup and salad cream or mayo..
- Then, fold up the wrap by folding the two edges facing you onto the filling, turning the cutting board and then rolling the wrap to form a log, add extra ketchup and cream mixture to help the wrap to stick if necessary. Lastly heat up a non-stick pan on medium low heat and char in the pan for a few seconds, turning frequently to avoid burning. Enjoy!.
No category. roasted vegetable & egg wrap. advertisement. Homemade Vegetable Egg Rolls. (I have included affiliate links in this post. I do receive a commission from this link which will go towards more awesome. View top rated Vegetable egg wraps recipes with ratings and reviews. Vegetable Egg Rolls are a welcome change over the usual Chinese takeout egg roll.