Easy Side Dish for Bento: Potato Gratin. This easy potato gratin recipe is the perfect side dish for weeknight dinners and holiday meals alike. These side dishes play an equal role as the main dish in providing sustenance and making the meal more appetizing. Is there anything better than a perfectly roasted potato?
While this recipe calls for cheddar cheese. Whether you call it potatoes au gratin or au gratin potatoes, it's still the creamiest, yummiest side dish and goes A creamy cheesy au gratin potato dish with added spinach and caramelized onion goodness. An incredibly easy potato dish that is tasty and filling as a main course or side dish. You can cook Easy Side Dish for Bento: Potato Gratin using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Side Dish for Bento: Potato Gratin
- Prepare 1/2 of Potato.
- Prepare 1/2 slice of Ham.
- You need 1 tbsp of Heavy cream.
- You need 1 of Melting cheese.
- You need 1 of Salt, pepper.
These tender potatoes are easy and done SO fast, because instead of adding a whole bunch of spices to make them delicious, you just dump on some onion soup mix and The dehydrated onions get all crunchy and glorious! Perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, or any other holiday meal! Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp.
Easy Side Dish for Bento: Potato Gratin step by step
- Grease the aluminum foil lightly with butter or oil. Steam the potato in the microwave for about 3 to 4 minutes. Divide into 4 portions..
- Top the potatoes with chopped ham. Season with salt and pepper..
- Top with heavy cream and cheese..
- Bake in the toaster oven for 5 to 7 minutes..
- Here it is packed in a bento, on the left corner..
- ＊If it takes time to brown the surface, bake for longer..
- Note: Heavy cream doesn't thicken like bechamel sauce..
I'd dare to say au gratin potatoes are better than even the best mashed potatoes — and they're easier, too. This recipe makes Potato Gratin for Two, which means it makes just enough for you and the handsome Detective Inspector in your life. 😉. You can pair it with a salad for a simple vegetarian main or serve it as a carbolicious side dish with something meaty. Full-size gratins are a little time consuming to. Creamy Potato Gratin – Guaranteed to be everyone's favorite side dish, for dinners or holidays!