Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe. I thought this recipe was very, very good. I will not make Au Gratin Potatoes from a box mix again! TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese.
Maybe it's the gruyere, or the Parm, or the fact that they just turn out so gooey and cheesy, but they really are the ultimate fancy-ish comfort food. This Potato Gratin is the perfect simple side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals. A lot of gratin recipes solely use cream for the baking liquid, but this way you can cut calories and fat slightly by replacing with milk, and letting the potato starch thicken the liquid. You can cook Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe
- It’s 8 of medium size Potatoes (thinly sliced).
- It’s 2 tbs of Butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 of onion (cut into dice).
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic (thinly sliced).
- It’s to taste of Salt, Black pepper, and nutmeg.
- You need 175 gr of Bacon.
- Prepare 100 gr of Grated Chees.
Potatoes au Gratin is the ultimate potato recipe! French classic with layers of thinly sliced potato, cream, butter, garlic and cheese, you can't go Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French. Some potato gratin recipes call for soaking potatoes prior to assembling the gratin, but that's not necessary here.
Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C..
- Heat the sliced potatoes in the microwave with the maximum heat for 4 minutes..
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, stir for about 1 minute..
- Add the flour, and stir constantly for one minute. Stir in milk, cream, salt, chicken stock, nutmeg, and black pepper. Cook until the sauce has thickened..
- Layer the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish (make it one layer). Top with the sauce, bacon, and cheese..
- Make the second layer of Potatoes, top with sauce, bacon, and cheese. Repeat until all potatoes, sauce, bacon and cheese are used..
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked well..
- Check the video, how did I make this recipe on my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/w9mJUKYOPuI.
Instead, the recipe comes together in a straightforward manner, with the thin slices simmering in milk and cream until it thickens a bit. Serve the gratin with beef such as London broil or. Au Gratin Potatoes are thinly sliced potatoes, covered in a creamy cheese sauce and then topped with more cheese and baked in the oven! This potato recipe is au gratin because we top the thinly sliced potatoes with an extra layer of cheese before baking, giving it a delicious cheesy crust! When simmering the cream for this au gratin potatoes recipe, make sure it's over gentle heat (if it over-reduces, it will break).