Vegetable gratin. This hearty, cheesy summer vegetable gratin is packed with four veggies and is perfect for a summer dinner. Recipe: Summer Vegetable Gratin. by Meghan Splawn. The key to gratins is having all the ingredients—whether they're basic potatoes or the mixed root.
Nothing like a bubbling casserole just out of the oven. But you don't meat to make the perfect bubbly-brown casserole: Enter vegetable gratins. It's not quite the same as other vegetable gratins already on RecipeZaar. You can have Vegetable gratin using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable gratin
- Prepare 1 of carrot, 1/2 broccoli, 2 medium potatoes, baby corn, red &yellow peppers, spinach, roughly chopped.
- You need of Green onions, 3 cloves garlic chopped, 1tbsp oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 vegetable stock, 2 tbsp butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cheese of your choice, salt & pepper to taste, 2 tbsp bread crumbs.
If you've ever had a craving for a dish with turnips, rutabagas, celery root, potatoes, and parsnips all-in-one, this cheesy and creamy vegetable gratin recipe is just what you're after. Healthy Root Vegetable Gratin with Buttery Walnuts. Remove the foil and pour the cream over the gratin. Gratins are a cinch, especially if you bear in mind a couple of things.
Vegetable gratin instructions
- Place a pan on medium heat, add oil, half onions and garlic and stir fry until translucent, add vegetables, seasoning, cover and cook until just done. remove in a baking dish..
- In the same pan, add 1/2 butter, once melted, add remaining onions and stir fry until translucent, add flour and mix well, until the flour starts smelling aromatic, about 2-3 minutes, turn heat to low and add milk and stock, stirring constantly until slightly thickened, turn heat off, stir in half the cheese, seasoning and continue stirring until well incorporated, check seasoning..
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius, pour the white sauce onto the vegetables, top with bread crumbs and remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes. cool and serve with a side of salad or steak..
None of these are crucial but I think they help give the best result. This green vegetable gratin recipe features traditional Cantal cheese and vegetables and is a versatile side dish that fits Vegetable gratin is such a lovely, versatile dish. This version is made with green. All Reviews for Root Vegetable Gratin Recipe. Download Vegetable gratin stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.