Cottage Pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Classic, epic Cottage Pie made properly, with a luscious filling.
Always freeze the pie on the day that you make it. Defrost in the fridge overnight, then cook as per the recipe. Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James. You can have Cottage Pie using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- You need of Mashed Potato on top.
- You need 2 kg of potato (peeled and boiled).
- It’s 75 gr of butter.
- It’s 100 ml of milk.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Beef Filling.
- It’s 1 kg of minced beef.
- It’s 5 pcs of carrots (grated or diced).
- You need 1 can of corn kernel.
- You need 1 can of peas.
- You need 1 can of tomato crush (or you can substitute with 3 tbs tomato paste).
- Prepare 2 tbs of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 pcs of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 tbs of bbq sauce (optional).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s 2 pcs of brown onion (peeled and diced finely).
Cottage pie is a delicious variation of the classic shepherd's pie, and it's fairly simple to make at home! Use beef, rather than lamb, and fill your pie with sautéed onions, carrots, and celery. Proper English Cottage Pie is a delicious, very traditional mince pie (beef) topped with mashed potato. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family.
Cottage Pie instructions
- First, boiled the potatoes then mashed it together with butter, milk, salt and pepper to your liking until it silky smooth in texture. Set aside..
- Heat the oil on the pan, put onion and stir until brownish and have nice fragrance then add the minced beef. After that, put all the veggies, bay leaves, tomato crush/paste and seasoning. Set aside..
- Put the beef filling on pyrex or pie dish, layer with mashed potato. For final touch you can add permesan cheese or parsley. Then put on the oven 170 degrees until mashed potato a bit crusty..
This classic cottage pie recipe is easy to make and would make the perfect family meal packed with minced beef, sweet tomatoes and topped with creamy mash. Traditional cottage pie with a rich meaty sauce, topped with creamy mashed potato, crisped up to golden perfection. Check out my tip for ensuring also get a jug of delicious gravy to pour on top. This DELICIOUS Cottage Pie is made with a mixture of ground beef, ground sausage, and mixed vegetables in a delicious gravy and baked under a layer of fluffy mashed potatoes. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd's pie.