Potato Gratin Muffins.
You can cook Potato Gratin Muffins using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Gratin Muffins
- It’s 2 of to 3 potatoes thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of parmesan.
- You need 1/4 cup of of emmental cheese.
- Prepare 1 of green onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of of butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of of flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of of milk.
- It’s 3 clove of of garlic cut in half.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & ground pepper to season.
- Prepare 1 of Butter to grease the muffin baking dish.
Potato Gratin Muffins step by step
- – Preheat the oven to 190°F C. Grease the muffin baking dish and set aside..
- – In a medium size pan melt the butter and add the garlic until its aroma becomes fragrant. Remove the garlic pieces..
- – Add the flour and stir until mix is smooth and cook for a couple of minutes..
- – Start adding milk slowly to the mix while constantly whisking to avoid clumping. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- – Remove from heat and add the cheeses, green onions, Dijon mustard and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg..
- – Layer the potatoes in the muffin cups as if creating a flower with petals. Put a couple of potato slices in the bottom to create a base and place potato slices on the sides slightly passing the muffin cup border to get crispy edges..
- – Place a little bit of sauce mix between layers to make sure the potatoes cook easily and cover with more sauce on the top..
- – Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden..
- – Let it set for 5 minutes before removing from the baking dish..
- – Serve as a side dish with a variety of main dishes. I have served it with my baked crispy chicken (see recipe)..