EASY YUMMY POTATO GRATIN. This easy potato gratin recipe is the perfect side dish for weeknight dinners and holiday meals alike. Thin slices of Yukon gold potato are baked in cream, milk, two cheeses, garlic, and thyme. Thinly sliced potatoes and onion are layered in a creamy cheese sauce creating the perfect au gratin potato recipe.
Not only are they perfect for holidays and other special occasions, but they're easy enough to put on the menu any time! I'll be making them for Easter this year. Put a twist on traditional potatoes au gratin by using nutrient-dense sweet potatoes instead! You can cook EASY YUMMY POTATO GRATIN using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of EASY YUMMY POTATO GRATIN
- It’s of cheese sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of gratin.
- You need 1 head of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 medium of potatoes, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 3 slice of cheese slice.
The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas. MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area. The best potatoes for a gratin are floury types such as King Edward or a Maris Piper, which are more widely available in places such as the U. Move out the way, mashed potatoes.
EASY YUMMY POTATO GRATIN step by step
- Preheat oven to 200degrees celsius..
- Slice onions and potatoes..
- Grease gratin tin thoroughly with butter..
- Layer in potatoes & onions in following order: potato, onions, potato..
- Add butter into a saucepan and melt it..
- Then put in the flour and stir..
- Pour in milk and whisk to thicken the mixture..
- Once the milk has thickened in about 3 minutes, put in the grated cheese and stir vigorously for a minute to thicken and complete the cheese sauce..
- Pour cheese sauce onto prepared gratin tin. And top off with sliced cheese..
- Bake for 45 minutes in the oven at 200°F celsius..
Of all the ways to make potatoes, au gratin may be our favorite. Maybe it's the gruyere, or the Parm, or the fact that they just turn out so gooey and cheesy, but they really are the ultimate fancy-ish comfort food. This potato gratin recipe is the perfect side dish for any meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals! How to Make Potato Gratin: First, have the cream and milk together in a big bowl before you start slicing the potatoes, then put the potatoes directly into the milk and cream after you slice them. See more ideas about potatoes au gratin, gratin, potatoes.