taisen's sloppy easy shepherds pie. Double-up two favorites, with sloppy Joe flavor from prepared sauce jazzing up ground beef and instant mashed potatoes adding a crowning touch. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef.
One of the time-saving ingredients you can use in this recipe is pre-cooked mashed potatoes. You can make your own if you. Shepherd's pie made with a sloppy joe twist! You can cook taisen's sloppy easy shepherds pie using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of taisen's sloppy easy shepherds pie
- You need 1 lb of hamburger.
- It’s 1 can of green beans.
- You need 1 can of peas.
- It’s 1 can of carrots. I didn't have corn so I used peas and carrots.
- It’s 1 of instant mashed potatoes. I only had 2 cups left so made do with what I had.
- It’s 1 of milk for the potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of butter for the potatoes.
- It’s 1 of water for the potatoes.
- It’s 1 of half a block of mild cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need 2 can of of tomatoe soup.
- It’s 1 of half a small can of tomato paste and about half a can of water. I improvised since I only had 2 cans of tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 dash of of red pepper.
- You need 1 of few dashes of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of few dashes of salt.
- Prepare 1 of few dashes of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of few dashes of onion powder.
- You need 1 of basil to your taste.
This is going to be a new family favorite in your house and it's so easy thanks to my little mashed potato shortcut. Big thanks to Bob Evans for sponsoring this post! I've shared a lot of sloppy joe recipes on this blog and there is one thing I'm still unsure of. Easy Shepherd's Pie Recipe – Cottage Pie – Living on a Dime To Grow Rich.
taisen's sloppy easy shepherds pie instructions
- cook your hamburger in a frying pan with all of the dry seasonings until no longer pink. drain the grease..
- in the frying pan add in 1 can of tomato soup. then add in the hamburger..
- add in your drained veggies. mix.
- preheat oven to 350.
- add in second. can of tomato soup. mix. if it isn't enough sauce add in another can of tomato soup or do what I did and add in tomato paste and some water. mix. keep on low heat. taste. add extra of any seasoning if needed.
- make the instant mashed potatoes or you can do your own. if you do that start them before your hamburger..
- if the cheese is not shredded then shread that. I used half a block so I am not sure but I think it was maybe half a cup to a cup of cheese.
- take everything off heat when your ready to combine..
- in a casserole dish put the meat and veggie mix into it. then add the shredded cheese on top of that. then put your potatoes on top..
- bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or just until the potatoes are turning a golden brown.
- pull it out. let it sit for 5 minutes. then serve. enjoy.
You can make this easy shepherd's pie recipe in just a few minutes and Sloppy Joe Casserole. It's an easy twist on traditional sloppy joes that's flavorful and delicious! The cheesy crust compliments the beefy tomato. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.