Shepherds Pie low carb. I LOVE traditional shepherd's pie (although to be completely authentic it would have to be made with ground lamb instead of beef – you can use either meat interchangeably in this recipe, lamb tends to be a little fattier though). And I love even more that I can have a low carb version that tastes just as good. Low-carb shepherd's pie with a cheesy cauliflower crust is an absolute low-carb family staple.
This Low-Carb Shepherds Pie Recipe is loaded with yummy roasted veggies and topped with a delectable cauliflower topping. It's a great one pan meal you're sure to love! Jump to Video · Jump to Recipe. You can cook Shepherds Pie low carb using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie low carb
- You need of pie.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of lamb.
- Prepare 2 cup of carrots.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 8 oz of mushroom.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of marjoram.
- You need 1/3 tsp of rosemary.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of summer savory.
- It’s 7 of lamb stock or beef stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter softened.
- You need of mashed cauliflower.
- You need 2 of large heads of cauliflower.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 1/2 pints of water.
This easy shepherd's pie recipe is perfect for the low carb keto diet thanks to the whipped cauliflower mash topping. Cook the veggies in an oven safe pan brown the ground lamb, top it with the mash, and cook in the oven. Before going low carb, I used to make cottage pie all the time. It was a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
Shepherds Pie low carb instructions
- Preheat oven 275° Fahrenheit.
- Chop the lamb into bite sized pieces..
- Slice the carrots, and mushrooms. Chop the onions. Mix everything for the pie together. Put into 9×13 baking pan. Bake 2 hours. Stir well..
- Boil steam the cauliflower. Drain all the liquids when it gets fork tender..
- Mix the salt, cream, and cauliflower. Whip them till creamy don't make the cauliflower too runny but should be firm. Let cool..
- Spread cauliflower over the lamb mixture. Turn heat up to 425° Fahrenheit. Make grooves in cauliflower and bake 30 minutes..
- Let sit 10 minutes serve I hope you enjoy!.
Another way to change up this low carb shepherd's pie recipe is to vary the vegetables used in the filling. This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Shepherd's Pie is one of those recipes that I really didn't like growing up. Like a good low carb stew, shepherd's pie is a comfort food winner.