Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast. Hope you enjoy this easy and delicious crock pot recipe! Please give it a thumbs up and SUBSCRIBE for more videos like this! You won't believe how unbelievably amazing this tastes!
Made with just five simple ingredients and slow cooked in the crockpot, you Cooking a chuck roast over low heat in your crock pot yields incredibly tender results, and the other ingredients added to this roast give it incredible flavor! Crock-Pot Mississippi Roast is a simple way to make a marvelously moist and tender roast in your slow cooker. I have used this recipe on several different chuck roasts and have found even roasts that are a cheaper cut that tend to get a little bit dry when cooked come out moist and flavorful with this. You can have Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- You need 1 (3 lb) of chuck roast.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 packet of ranch dressing mix.
- Prepare 1 packet of onion soup mix.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of salted butter (1 stick).
- You need 8 of peperoncini peppers.
Mississippi pot roast is easy to make in the slow cooker with chuck roast, ranch dressing, au jus gravy mix, and pepperoncini peppers. I made this with the exception of adding potatoes to the crock pot. I thought it was a welcome change from my normal crock pot roast. I first tried a version of these crock pot Mississippi pot roast sandwiches years ago when some friends had us over for dinner and made the pepperoncini beef sandwiches from Our Best Bites.
Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast step by step
- Heat large skillet on high. Once heated add oil.
- Dry both sides of roasts with a paper towel and then season with salt and pepper.
- Sear 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer roast to crock pot.
- Sprinkle packets of ranch and onion soup mix over the top of the roast.
- Top with stick of butter then place peppers on and around the roast.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours. Once done take two forks and shred the meat. Serve with or on mashed potatoes.
- I use slow cooker liners for an easy clean up. They are wonderful! After your done you just tie it up and throw it away..
I liked it so much that I started making it at home, but eventually discovered it was sort of a modified version. How to Make Mississippi Crock Pot Roast. Place chuck roast in crock Pot. Sprinkle Ranch Dressing mix on top followed by Au Jus Gravy Mix. Place butter on top of dry mixes.