Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot). Mississippi Pot Roast – The most delicious pot roast you will EVER eat! Made with just five simple ingredients and slow cooked in the crockpot, you are Mississippi Pot Roast is a combination of five simple ingredients that all cook together in your slow cooker. It's typically made with a chuck roast.
Mississippi pot roast is easy to make in the slow cooker with chuck roast, ranch dressing, au jus gravy mix, and pepperoncini peppers. I thought it was a welcome change from my normal crock pot roast. I also thought the peppers were a nice addition to the roast. You can cook Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot)
- You need 3-4 lb. of roast.
- Prepare 1 oz. of ranch dressing packet (powder).
- You need 1 oz. of onion soup envelope (powder).
- Prepare 1 stick of (or quarter lb.) of butter.
- It’s 16 oz. of jar of pepperoncini, including apx. 2 TBS. of the juice from the jar.
Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle with a little black pepper and a little seasoned salt. Sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and the au jus mix. Deliciously tender Mississippi Pot Roast is the easiest keto crockpot recipe you'll ever make with a unique flavor combining the simplest ingredients to provide Southern comfort soul food like no other! Crock-Pot Mississippi Roast is a simple way to make a marvelously moist and tender roast in your slow cooker.
Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot) step by step
- Place roast in the crockpot (slow cooker) Sprayed with cooking spray. Some people prefer to brown the meat first, but I find this isn’t necessary..
- Coat roast with the ranch powder mix and onion soup mix..
- Top with a stick of butter..
- Place pepperoncini around the roast and pour in the juice from the jar (about 2 TBS)..
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours..
- After it’s cooked, shred with a fork, mix well and serve over mashed potatoes..
I have used this recipe on several different chuck roasts and have found even roasts that are a cheaper cut that tend to get a little bit dry when cooked. How to Make Mississippi Crock Pot Roast. Place chuck roast in crock Pot. Sprinkle Ranch Dressing mix on top followed by Au Jus Gravy Mix. Place butter on top of dry mixes.