Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie.
You can cook Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 4 of small delicata Squash, cleaned and cut in cubes.
- You need 2 of cups, water.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of vegan chicken bouillon cube.
- You need 2 cups of cooked red lentils (or any lentil of your choice).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of each of chopped celery, onions and carrots.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce, 8oz.
- Prepare 1 cup of thinly sliced green chard.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of Badia Mediterranean Blend.
- Prepare 3 of crushed garlic cloves or 1tbsp of ajo.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare to taste of Salt/pepper.
Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie instructions
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Let it get slightly hot, then add onions, celery and carrots. Stir and cook for about 10-11 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent. Add the green chard and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Add the lentils, liquid smoke, mediterranean seasoning and tomato sauce to the veggies. Add another tbsp of coconut oil to keep the food from sticking to the pan. Cook for another 7-9 minutes. Set aside.
- Clean and cube the squash. In small pot, put in the squash, water and bouillon then cook for approx. 20-30 minutes on medium heat. Check the squash with a fork. If it's soft enough to go thru the fork then it's ready. When it's ready pour half of the liquid out of the pot. Add the cooked mashed potatoes to the squash then start to mash the ingredients together. When it becomes a smooth mixture, stir until fully blended..
- Take a 8"or 9" casserole dish and add the veggie mix to the dish. Evenly spread the mix throughout the dish. Take squash/potatoe mashed mix and put on top evenly coating the dish. Set oven to broil. Broil the dish for 10-15 minutes or until the top is nicely browned. Bon Appetite!.