White Radish Soup 白萝卜汤 (GF).
You can cook White Radish Soup 白萝卜汤 (GF) using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of White Radish Soup 白萝卜汤 (GF)
- Prepare 1 of large white radish.
- Prepare 3 lbs of pork ribs.
- You need 1 piece of dried cuttlefish (~50g), cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare 12 of red dates, soaked to soften then seeds removed.
- It’s 3 tbsps of whole white peppercorns, lightly crushed.
- Prepare 3 L of water.
- You need to taste of salt.
White Radish Soup 白萝卜汤 (GF) instructions
- Blanch the ribs in a pot of boiling water in batches to remove the scum. Set the ribs aside..
- Heat up the water in a large stock pot. While it takes its time to boil, work on getting the radish ready. Rinse, cut off the ends, peel the skin and cut them into fairly large chunks..
- Once the pot of water is ready, transfer the ribs and the radishes into the pot. Add in the whole white peppercorns (preferably in a wire mesh or a spice bag) and the rest of the ingredients (minus the salt). Bring to a rapid boil..
- Leave to boil for about 15 minutes on high. Cover, turn the heat down to low and let simmer away for optimally at least another four hours..
- Right before serving, add in salt to taste..