You can cook Saltfish Fritters using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Saltfish Fritters
- Prepare 200 g of Saltfish (Cod/Whitefish).
- You need Half of Green Bell Pepper.
- It’s Half of Red Bell Pepper.
- Prepare Handful of Parsley.
- It’s 1 of Scotch Bonnet.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 3 of Spring Onions.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 120 g of Plain Flour.
- It’s 125 ml of Coconut Milk (or Water).
- You need 1 Tsp of Paprika.
- You need 2 Tsp of All Purpose.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Mixed Herbs.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Baking Powder.
Saltfish Fritters step by step
- Either soak the Saltfish overnight in cold water (making sure to change the water several times) or boil in water for 10 minutes, drain the water and repeat boil for further 10 minutes..
- Shred the fish in a large bowl using a fork or pulse in a food processor. Add to the Saltfish finely chopped or minced Spring Onions, Garlic, Parsley, Bell Peppers, Scotch Bonnet and Egg..
- Mix the following dry ingredients together; Plain flour, Paprika, All Purpose, Mixed Herbs, Thyme and Baking Powder before combining with the wet ingredients. Gradually add the milk whilst mixing to achieve the desired thickness..
- Heat oil in a deep pot on High/Medium heat and carefully using a teaspoon, scoop a spoonful of batter into the hot oil. Fry for a minute on each side depending on how small the bites are or until they are golden brown and thoroughly cooked in the middle..