Apple and Almond Cake.
You can cook Apple and Almond Cake using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple and Almond Cake
- It’s of Dry Ingredients.
- Prepare 225 g of Self Raising Flour.
- Prepare 225 g of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need of Wet Ingredients.
- It’s 150 g of Melted Butter.
- Prepare 2 of Large Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Almond Extract.
- You need of Fillings and Toppings.
- It’s 250 g of Cooking or Dessert Apple eg. Bramley or Granny Smith, sliced thickly.
- You need 25 g of Almond Flakes.
- Prepare of Icing Sugar to dust.
- Prepare of Equipment.
- It’s 8 of ” (20cm) Deep Loose Bottom Cake Tin.
- It’s of Hand Mixer.
Apple and Almond Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 160C or 140C for fan assisted..
- Lightly grease the cake tin..
- Peel and core the apple, and slice thickly..
- Measure out the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and then follow with wet ingredients..
- Mix together well until mostly blended (don’t over mix) and then beat with electric hand mixer for roughly 1 minute..
- Spread half the mixture evenly into the bottom of the tin, and then layer the apple slices on top, going around the tin..
- Start with one layer from the outside first, and then pile the rest towards the centre. You want to end up with 2/3 of the slices in the middle of the cake..
- Gently scoop the rest of the batter onto the central pile of apples, spreading carefully so that it covers most of the middle of the cake, quite thickly. Do not worry about covering up to the sides as it will spread in the oven. Sprinkle the almond flakes evenly all over the top..
- Cook in the centre of the oven for 1hr 15mins – 1hr 30mins, until a skewer comes out clean, the top is golden and the sides are JUST starting to pull away from the tin..
- Leave to cool in the tin until just warm, then remove carefully (the sides or base may need to be gently separated from the tin using a knife), dust with icing sugar, and serve with whatever you like. Can be frozen once cooled completely..