Salted Egg & Mongolian Buttermilk Crispy Chicken.
You can have Salted Egg & Mongolian Buttermilk Crispy Chicken using 26 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salted Egg & Mongolian Buttermilk Crispy Chicken
- Prepare 2 of boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite sizes.
- Prepare of Marinate ingredients.
- You need 1 of tbp Shaoxing Chinese rice wine.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1/2 of tbp brown sugar.
- You need of Deep fry ingredients.
- You need 2 of tbp self-raising flour.
- It’s 2 of tbp sweet potato flour (coarse).
- You need 2 of tbp rice flour.
- You need of Adequate water.
- It’s of Adequate frying oil.
- It’s of Sauce – Buttermilk.
- It’s 200 ml of evaporated milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 of tbp brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 branches of curry leaf.
- You need 2 of small red chili, chopped.
- You need of Sauce – Salted egg (add on to buttermilk sauce).
- It’s 2 of salted egg yolk, hard boiled and mashed.
- It’s of Sauce – Mongolian (add on to buttermilk sauce).
- Prepare 2 of tbp sweet chilli sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder (coarse).
Salted Egg & Mongolian Buttermilk Crispy Chicken instructions
- Marinate Make sure the chicken pieces are dry and marinate them for at least 30 mins..
- Deep fry Mixture A: Mix self-raising flour with enough water until it gets a bit thick. Mixture B: Mix rice flour and sweet potato flour together. Rice flour is to absorb moisture. Dip all the marinated chicken pieces into mixture A and mix it well. Roll the chicken pieces into mixture B. Shake it off and put it into another bowl. Leave it for 10 mins..
- Deep fry Heat up frying oil and deep fry the chicken pieces with small-medium fire until golden brown. Drain excess oil on grill tray. Deep fry second time quickly with big fire for a few seconds to get the crispy taste..
- Sauce Melt the butter in a pan with medium fire and stir fry garlic, curry leaves and red chili till fragrant. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer sauce with small fire to the thickness you want. When the sauce is ready, off the fire. Pour the fried chicken pieces and mix it well..