Apple and blackberry crumble. Raymond Blanc pre-cooks the crumble topping to avoid gluey, uncooked crumble and retain the texture of the fruit. Layer the apples, blackberries, and sugar in a large pie dish (a lasagne dish is ideal). Place the flour in a large bowl and then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs – leave a few lumps of butter so that the topping is not too fine.
Please checkout the channels new recipe Book in the website. This blackberry crumble is an easy berry crumble recipe with apples. Toss the apples with the blackberries, lemon juice, golden caster sugar and cinnamon. You can cook Apple and blackberry crumble using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple and blackberry crumble
- You need 1/2 block of butter (English block size).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1/2 of oatmeal.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of dessert apples.
- It’s 2 cups of blackberries.
- It’s to taste of Sugar.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Water.
Put in a large ovenproof dish and scatter over the crumble mix, spreading it evenly. All Reviews for Apple and Blackberry Crumble. Apple and Blackberry Crumble. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. If you have any leftover, store in a bowl covered in clingfilm in the fridge.
Apple and blackberry crumble step by step
- Chop apples into chunks (I don't peel them) Cook on medium heat in a pot with cinnamon powder and a splash of water. Once tender, place in a baking dish..
- Layer over the blackberries..
- Rub butter into flour. Then add sugar and oatmeal and rub together. Pour over apples and gently spread over the apples..
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°c for about 30 mins or until golden..
- Serve with custard or cream! 😋.
You can reheat (removing the clingfilm) or serve cold the next day. Apple and blackberry crumble is one of my wife's favourite crumble recipes. It is great when you can get all the main ingredients from your own garden. My last house used to have blackberry brambles (actually I should say was a bit overgrown with them!) and I had a nice selection of apple trees. Tart green apples and fresh sweet blackberries is a perfect combination in this family-favorite, English-inspired crumble dessert.