Low Fat Pasta Carbonara. Healthier pasta carbonara made with turkey bacon, angel hair pasta, plenty of pecorino or parmesan for a creamy sauce, and peas. You'll love this easy, lightened up version of traditional pasta carbonara for date night and weeknight dinners! Stir quickly in to pasta, coating all strands.
Learn how to make carbonara sauce with bacon or The silky carbonara sauce is created when the beaten eggs are tossed with the hot pasta and a little fat from the pancetta or bacon. Low fat tagliatelle carbonara is a lighter version of the traditional classic Italian pasta dish. You'd be forgiven for thinking that its made the traditional way with egg yolks to. You can have Low Fat Pasta Carbonara using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low Fat Pasta Carbonara
- It’s 1 lb of linguini.
- Prepare 6 oz of turkey bacon, finely chopped.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2/3 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 cup of egg substitute.
- It’s 1/3 cup of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 pinch of salt/pepper to taste.
INGREDIENTS: MUSHROOMS (I recommend shiitake mushrooms but you can use. View top rated Low fat pasta carbonara recipes with ratings and reviews. Arrange pancetta in a single layer on tray. Drain off fat; cool and crumble.
Low Fat Pasta Carbonara step by step
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, cook the bacon and gain in a small saute plan over medium low heat until the garlic is aromatic and the bacon is holy browned, about 3-4 minutes..
- Add the wine, increase heat, bring the wine to a boil and cook until it has reduced by about half. Pour the mixture into a large serving bowl and let it cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the egg substitute and the parsley..
- When pasta is done, drain it well and add it immediately to the bacon mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and toss quickly. Season with salt and pepper and serve..
Add peas and return to boiling, stirring. Learn how to prepare this easy Lower-Fat Pasta Carbonara recipe like a pro. I cooked some sliced baby ports. and diced onions in the bacon fat. Low Carb Pasta Carbonara Ingredient Notes. I've made a few changes to a traditional carbonara with this version.