Bacon Chicken Carbonara. This Chicken Carbonara recipe from Delish.com is the bomb. Add chicken to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Sauteed chicken, shrimp and bacon smothered in the most delicious homemade carbonara sauce served with pasta.
Chicken Carbonara – It's everything you love about carbonara! Lots of bacon, cheese, that silky sauce, all tossed with perfectly al dente pasta and chicken. Carbonara is the name of an Italian pasta dish made with a sauce of eggs, cheese and cooked bacon. You can cook Bacon Chicken Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Chicken Carbonara
- You need 1 lb of angel hair pasta or spaghetti.
- You need 4 each of Eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 lb of bacon cut into pieces.
- It’s 2 cup of cooked chicken chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 4 of Green onions sliced.
If adding chicken, it too gets cooked in the same pan with the bacon fat. Fresh diced Parsley or dried flakes. This is a really easy carbonara pasta that uses chicken and bacon. We eat it mid-week when time and energy are a bit short.
Bacon Chicken Carbonara instructions
- Boil pasta according to package direction in heavily salted water. In the meantime, crisp bacon in another pot and drain on paper towels. Drain bacon grease reserving a tablespoon or so in the pot..
- Crack 4 eggs in a bowl with Parmesan cheese salt and pepper and whisk to combine..
- When pasta is done drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Add pasta to the pot and stir in the egg mixture vigorously for 3-4 minutes. Add bacon, chicken, and green onions and combine. Add the hot pasta water as needed to cream the mixture..
- Add extra parm and enjoy! I serve it with crusty garlic bread and a fresh green salad..
This chicken carbonara penne pasta blends just a few simple ingredients to create a wonderful one-bowl meal. Add diced chicken, bacon and garlic mixture, and ½ cup of peas to the pasta. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer cooked bacon to paper towel. Add chicken to same skillet with drippings.