Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce. Spiced and creamy (yet cream-less) butternut squash sauce tossed with whole grain linguine. Top with fried sage for a healthy, comforting meal. How to Make Vegan Butternut Squash Linguine.
I gave the option of including cashew, almond or dairy to allow for different preferences. Or Brown Butter Alfredo Sauce drool. This sauce is made from sweet butternut squash and makes my heart *and tummy* happy. You can have Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- It’s 2 of Butternut Squash.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare 12 oz of box Gluten Free Penne pasta.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Chicken broth.
- It’s Half of and half.
- You need 1/4 of onion minced.
- You need 2 of large cloves garlic minced.
- You need of Sun dried tomatoes cut up (as many as you like).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Cavender's Greek Seasoning.
- Prepare of Pasta water.
If you want it particularly creamy and velvety which you DO, stir in some parmesan cheese and heavy cream. Drain your pasta and toss in as much sauce as you'd like. We've served out creamy butternut squash pasta sauce with linguini, but you can experiment with any other pasta you like. Crispy sage adds a punch of flavour and refined feel to this simple pasta dish.
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce step by step
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and cut both squash in half then scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place squash face down on baking tray with about a half a cup of water.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes.
- Take out oven and cool for 10 minutes then turn over and scoop out roasted squash and place into a pot on the stove with some butter.
- Meanwhile boil your pasta in another pot (save one cup of the pasta water) and saute the onion and garlic and cut up your sun dried tomatoes.
- Mash squash with a potato masher and turn the heat to LO on the stove top.
- Add chicken broth, half and half, sun dried tomatoes, onion, garlic and Cavender's and continue to stir until desired creaminess.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to the squash mixture. Add some pasta water to make it stick to the penne.Turn off heat and place top on the pot to let the pasta absorb the sauce !! 💗💗💋😘💗💗😋😋Serve immediately and ENJOY!!.
We've used a little olive oil, but if you want to make a more indulgent version you can fry the sage in. Pasta served with a homemade butternut squash pasta sauce of roasted butternut squash, shallots, cream, and Parmesan cheese. We often find butternut squash inside of ravioli, so why not on the outside for a butternut squash pasta dish? It just needed to be thinned a bit with water, made savory. Puree that orange squash into a creamy sauce with garlic, spices, and goat cheese.