Sig's Leek and Sweet Pepper Crab Cakes. Stuffed with savory ingredients like sweet corn and fresh herbs and served with Champagne-Citrus Beurre Blanc, Sweet Corn, Leek, and Basil Crab Cakes. Top sweet-pepper-crab-soup recipes just for you. How to make a fairly simple crab cake that is raised to a higher level by draping with a sauce made with roasted red bell peppers.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the leeks until tender. Secondly the recipe recommends seasoning with salt and pepper as the last step–this was a mistake since the. Easiest Crab Cakes are filled with thick chunks of crab meat mixed together with creamy mayonnaise, sweet red bell pepper and end with a kick of red pepper flakes. You can have Sig's Leek and Sweet Pepper Crab Cakes using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Leek and Sweet Pepper Crab Cakes
- Prepare 1 medium of shallot.
- Prepare 2 of very small baby leeks.
- It’s 1 of pointed Italian or other sweet pepper, any colour.
- You need 3 small of cloves of smoked garlic.
- It’s of fresh very fine chopped flat parsley.
- You need of grated zest (peel) of one unwaxed lemon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 of tablespoon mustard , mild to medium hot.
- Prepare 1/2 of teaspoon best sea salt or salt substitute.
- It’s 1 pinch of turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper or to taste.
- You need 2 pinch of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 500 of grams crabmeat, either fresh or ready cooked.
- It’s 225 of grams breadcrumbs , either fresh or dried.
- You need 3 of to four tablespoon plain flour for dusting your hands when doing the patties.
The perfect Sweet and Salty crab cake appetizer recipe! Crab is the quintessential taste of the British shoreline and partners perfectly with leek in this tempting tart recipe. Put the eggs in a large jug and beat lightly with a whisk. Stir in the crème fraîche, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Sig's Leek and Sweet Pepper Crab Cakes instructions
- Chop your pepper,shallot leeks, garlic cloves and parsley very finely , put all into a bowl.
- Add all the spices and all other ingredients ,except the breadcrumbs the crab meat and flour . Set aside about one half of the breadcrumbs and add the other half to the other ingredients.
- Mix well with your hands, until all is combined add the crab meat and gently lift it under , so that it does not all end up being mashy.
- Put the mixture into the fridge for 45 minutes or so then form into small patties with your hands floured . Roll the patties carefully into the rest of the breadcrumbs, covering them completely, transfer the patties to a plate and cover with clingfilm, and chill for another 45 minutes , for all the flavours to combine.
- Heat some oil in pan and cook a few patties at a time only, for 4-5 minutes from each side until they are cooked and golden brown..
- Remember that these are very delicate because of their texture, so be gentle with them . I served with caramalised lemon butter and fresh asparagus.
- This will serve 3 to 4 people depending on the size patty you make ..
Just before cooking the crab cakes, add crab meat and baking powder to the batter, combining gently, using a wooden spoon. When serving crab cakes, spread ¼ cup warm beurre blanc on each plate. These crab cakes are full of low calorie flavoring–from sauteed celery and onions to parsley and paprika. To make the sauce: Puree the red peppers in a food processor or blender. Add the mayonnaise and black pepper.