Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies). Repeat to bake all the balls of dough. Once all the snowballs are coated and cooled, re-coat them all, adding confectioners' sugar to the bowl as needed. Snowball Cookies© This cookie has many names.
The best vegan Italian wedding cookies recipe a.k.a. Christmas snowball cookies made with walnuts and hazelnuts then coated in fluffy powdered sugar just like a snowball. Italian Wedding Christmas Cookies, Italian Wedding Cookies, Also called — Snowball Cookies, Snowballs, Russian Tea Cakes, #christmascookies · These easy Mexican Wedding Cookies have walnuts in the dough and are rolled in powdered sugar so they look exactly like snowballs! You can cook Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies) using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies)
- You need 1 1/2 cups of room temp butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans(use your nut of choice).
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of powdered sugar for rolling.
These little powdery cookies go by a few names, butterballs, snowballs or Italian Wedding Cookies. Also sometimes called 'Mexican wedding cookie', 'Russian tea cakes', or 'butterballs', can also be made into crescents. You can also substitute pecans and they are very good as well. These Buttery Pecan Snowball Cookies aka wedding cookies or Russian Tea Cakes will melt in your mouth.
Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies) instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. But butter til light and add 2/3 cup powdered sugar. Beat well. Add nuts, salt, and vanilla and beat well..
- Add flour a cup at a time and mix until well combined. I use a small cookie scoop. Roll into 1-2 inch balls and place on parchment. Bake 15 minutes, no browning. Let cool a minute or two then roll in powdered sugar. Easy peasy..
Italian Cookies – these soft round cookies are dipped in creamy glaze, then topped with colorful sprinkles. A fun cookie for any occasion, and Have you ever tried Italian Wedding Cookies before? Italian cookies are traditionally flavored with anise, but no one in my family likes the taste of black. Easy and quick, this is the best Italian wedding cookies recipe ever. Loaded with walnuts and hazelnuts and coated in fluffy powder sugar like a snowball, these Italian cookies are sure to steal everybody's heart!