Biscoitos! (Portuguese Cookies). My mom's been making these cookies forever. I remember being little and sneaking downstairs to raid. This is the Portuguese version of a dunking cookie.
Biscoitos are made year round and are always available to enjoy with a good cup of coffee or tea… Growing up my cookie jars were always filled with biscuits. Biscoitos are very popular and traditional Portuguese butter cookies. They are one of the best treats in Portuguese dessert making. You can have Biscoitos! (Portuguese Cookies) using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Biscoitos! (Portuguese Cookies)
- Prepare 1 cup of butter, softened.
- It’s 1.5 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 5 cups of flour.
- You need 4 tsp of Baking Powder.
Simple and easy to make, these butter cookies are perfect for any. Melt the butter and put aside to cool off. Beat the eggs and Sugar in a large bowl. Os biscoitos simples de natal são a alegria da Festa e não podem faltar – crianças e adultos adoram!
Biscoitos! (Portuguese Cookies) instructions
- Combine the Butter, Sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Beat everything together on medium-high speed until everything is creamy. About 40 sec- 1 min.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and beat until everything is combined..
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hr. (Firming up the dough in the fridge calls for less mess when rolling them out to be baked).
- When ready to bake: take about half a teaspoon of dough, roll between your hand and shape into a long tube, connect both ends to form a circle (or any shape you like).
- Bake in preheated 350⁰F oven for 18-20 min until lightly browned.
- Set on cooling rack to cool completely.
- * sooo good dipped in coffee *** dough can be refrigerated up to 3 days.
One of the simplest cookie recipes is for shortbread cookies, or. Brazil has great desserts, and there are lots of good recipes for biscoitos, or cookies. These traditional Portuguese cookies, also known as biscoitos, are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. They have a wonderful citrus flavour. Become Friends of The Portuguese Bakery.