7 Layer Cookie Cookie.
You can have 7 Layer Cookie Cookie using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 7 Layer Cookie Cookie
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter (cut into small cubes).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cake flour.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 8 oz of almond paste.
- Prepare of Red food coloring.
- You need of Green food coloring.
- It’s of Yellow food coloring.
- You need Jar of seedless raspberry jam.
- It’s of Optional: milk chocolate chunks.
- You need of Optional: white chocolate chunks.
7 Layer Cookie Cookie step by step
- Cream together cold butter cubes, almond paste, and granulated sugar until just mixed.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla and almond extracts.
- One at a time, mix in the corn starch, baking soda, salt, cake flour, and all-purpose flour until just combined.
- Optional: stir in chocolate chunks of choice (we recommend a mix of milk and white chocolate).
- Evenly separate the dough into 3 bowls.
- Add green, red, and yellow food coloring accordingly – you should end with 3 different color bowls of dough.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F and line your pan with parchment or silicon liners.
- Once dough is done chilling, measure out 1oz of each color dough and press together. Note: using 1oz is a suggestion but you can change the amount based on the size cookie you want.
- Place the flat cookie on the baking sheet.
- Dollop raspberry jam in the center of each flat cookie. Note: you’ll want to base this off the size of your cookie because you’ll have to wrap the dough around the jam.
- Roll the dough so the jam is in the center of the ball.
- Bake one sheet at a time on the center rack for 13 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- Optional: Melt milk chocolate and top each cookie with your desired amount of chocolate.