Chocolate covered cherry cookies.
You can have Chocolate covered cherry cookies using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate covered cherry cookies
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of baking cocoa.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 48 of maraschino cherries, blotted dry.
- Prepare of Frosting:.
- You need 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1-3 tsp. of maraschino cherry juice.
Chocolate covered cherry cookies step by step
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing between each addition (batter will be very firm). Shape into 48 balls, about 1 inch round, and place on ungreased cookie sheets (I line mine with parchment paper). Push 1 cherry halfway into each ball..
- For frosting, melt chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add cherry juice and stir until smooth. Spoon 1 tsp. of frosting over each cherry (the frosting will spread over cookie during baking). Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. I put mine in for 12. Cool on wire racks..