Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies.
You can have Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies
- It’s of all purpose flour, + extra for hands & work surface.
- Prepare of unsweetened natural cocoa powder.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of brown sugar.
- Prepare of large egg, at room temperature.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of peppermint extract.
- It’s of baking bar semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped.
Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies step by step
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set this aside..
- In a separate large bowl, either using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on med-high speed until smooth and creamy, about a minute or two. Then beat in the sugar until fluffy and combined. Beat in the egg, vanilla and peppermint extract. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed..
- Switch the mixer to low speed and add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Then flour your hands and a work surface lightly. Turn out the dough onto the floured surface and seperate the dough into two even amounts..
- Roll the dough into two seperate logs, roughly 8 inches in length and about 2 1/2 in in diameter. Wrap each log tightly in plastic wrap and place them in the fridge for at least 4 hours and up to 5 days. You could also freeze the dough logs at this point, for up to 3 months. To thaw, place them in the fridge overnight, then continue on with the baking process from there..
- When you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a couple of large baking trays with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats..
- Working one at a time, unwrap the dough log and slice into equally sized cookies. You should get about 11-12 per log..
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart from each other. Bake for 11-13 minutes. Allow them to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Once cooled, melt the 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate according to its packages directions and drizzle over the top of each cookie. Allow the chocolate to set completely (about 30 or so minutes) before storing them..
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week..