You can have Chicken Porridge using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Porridge
- It’s of uncooked rice.
- Prepare of chicken broth/water.
- It’s of bay leaves.
- It’s of Chicken bouillon powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of White pepper powder.
- You need of ground chicken breast.
- It’s of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s of ginger, minced.
- Prepare of oyster sauce.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of Ground white pepper.
- Prepare of sesame oil.
- It’s of cooking oil.
Chicken Porridge instructions
- Rinse the rice and drain. Do this 2 – 3 times..
- Put the rice in a slow cooker along with chicken broth, bay leaves, chicken bouillon, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed well..
- Set the slow cooker on low then cook until the rice absorbs all the liquid. (I started cooking at 9 pm, then the next day at 9 am, I opened the lid and stir the porridge, tasted it to make sure it needs more salt or not. Then I put the lid back on and continue to cook it until 10 am).
- Heat the oil, saute the garlic and ginger until fragrant..
- Add in the ground chicken. Saute until the chicken turn white..
- Add in the oyster sauce, salt, sugar and pepper. Stir it until mixed well. Taste it. Add more seasoning if needed. Cook until no more liquid left..
- Turn the heat off. Let the chicken cool down then pour all into a food processor. Pulse a couple times to get fine texture..
- Put the chicken back in the pan. Add in the sesame oil. Stir it for a little bit on a medium heat until mixed well. Turn the heat off..
- How to serve : put the porridge in a bowl. Add the chicken and you can add other things such as youtiao (chinese doughnut/fried bread stick), roasted peanut, fried french onion/fried shallot etc and sprinkle with sliced green onion/chives. If you like it spicy like me, you can add hot sauce/chilli/sambal as much as you want..