Pear Upside Down Cake.
You can cook Pear Upside Down Cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pear Upside Down Cake
- You need of Yellow Cake Mix.
- You need of Ripe Pears.
- You need of Eggs.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s of Flour.
- Prepare of Corn Starch.
Pear Upside Down Cake step by step
- Butter the hell out of your pan. Give it a good dusting with some flour and shake it all around. Dump the excess flour. Set aside..
- Cut pears in half and core. Slice thinly..
- Put enough brown sugar to cover the bottom of the pan in entirety. I ran out of dark brown sugar, so I added some light. It didn’t make a difference. Be generous with the sugar. I didn’t measure. Maybe 1 1/2 cups unpacked. Sprinkle corn starch over the brown sugar. Better yet, use a small metal strainer (which I didn’t use). Layer pear slices..
- Prepare cake mix as directed and pour over pears..
- Is used a cast iron pan and baked my cake at 325 F for 38 minutes. You may have to go to 350 F depending on what you’re using for baking. Allow to cool about 20 minutes. Run a rubber spatula around the edges to loosen..
- Find something suitably sized for flipping purposes. Flip that bad Larry and give it a rough shake like it owes you money if it doesn’t drop right out. If it so happens that any of the surface is damaged, you can easily patch it with some brown sugar mixture on the bottom of the pan. Most chances are, you won’t have to do much patching. Cut it like a pizza and serve..