Spicy butternut squash soup.
You can have Spicy butternut squash soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy butternut squash soup
- You need 1 of butternut squash, chopped.
- It’s 4 of potatoes.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of large carrot.
- Prepare 1 of veg/ chicken stock cube.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 2 of red chillies.
- You need 1 of thumbsize pce ginger.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tsp cumin seed.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp corriander seed.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp Garam masala.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tsp turmeric.
- Prepare 3 of cardamom pods.
- You need 1 of cove.
- It’s of Fresh coriander.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato passata.
Spicy butternut squash soup instructions
- Place the butternut squash, chopped onion and carrot in a roasting dish with a tbsp olive oil, sprinkle on half the cumin and coriander seed, roast for 30 min until tender..
- Chop the potatoes, place in a sauce pan of water with the stock cube and a pinch of salt, boil until tender..
- Place the ginger, garlic, chilli and the remaining dry spices in a pestle and mortar and mash into a thick curry paste.
- When all this is done, add the squash, onion and carrot to a large soup pan with the curry paste and cook for 5 minutes, add extra olive oil if needed..
- Then add the potatoes and stock and the tomato passata and blend with a hand held blender until smooth..
- Cook for further 30 minutes and serve with the fresh corriander added at the last minute..