Butternut Squash Soup.
You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 1 of Large Butternut Squash.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Chopped Green Onions.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Chopped Leek.
- Prepare 1 of Medium-Size Chopped Red Onion.
- It’s 4 of Minced Garlic Cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper Powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 4 Cups of Water.
Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Wash the butternut squash thoroughly since we won't be removing the tough skin..
- Chop the butternut into two inch sizes to decrease the boiling time and remove the seeds..
- In a sufuria, add in the butternut and about 6 cups of water. Over high heat, bring it to a boil. Use the knife to check whether it is cooked all the way through. Remove from the sufuria and let them cool..
- As it cools, chop and mince the ingredients..
- Chop the boiled butternut squash into smaller pieces..
- Heat the sufuria over medium heat with the cooking oil added, then add onions and saute till soft and transparent..
- Add the garlic and continue to saute as you stir. Add the salt..
- Add the leek and green onions and cook for three minutes, occasionally stirring then switch off the gas..
- In a bigger bowl add in the butternut squash, contents from the sufuria, black pepper, nutmeg and give it a good stir..
- Using a counter-top blender add in half of the mixture and two cups of water and blend..
- Pour the puree back into the sufuria. Over high heat bring it to a boil, occasionally stirring. Once the soup reaches a boil, turn the heat down and simmer for an additional three minutes..
- Serve immediately while still hot..