Butternut Chilli Soup.
You can have Butternut Chilli Soup using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Chilli Soup
- You need of for the soup.
- You need of baby butternuts (about 5 cups – steamed and roughly mashed).
- Prepare of small onion finely chopped.
- It’s of garlic butter.
- Prepare of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s of fresh cream.
- You need of coconut cream (discard liquid).
- Prepare of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of corriander powder.
- It’s of chilli powder.
- You need of salt and freshly ground black peppercorns.
- It’s of mixed herbs.
- Prepare of grated coconut.
- It’s of medium tomato grated and microwaved for a minute.
- It’s of for the topping.
- It’s of chopped spring onion.
- Prepare of toasted almond.
Butternut Chilli Soup instructions
- Heat olive oil and garlic butter in a saucepan until butter melts..
- Add finely chopped onion and saute until tender..
- Mix in roughly mashed butternut and then grated tomato..
- Add in cream and coconut cream and mix well..
- Season with salt, pepper, mixed herbs, corriander powder, chilli powder, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add coconut. Stir..
- Allow to cook for about 5 – 7 minutes then remove from heat and allow to cool..
- Blend until smooth. Reheat – I added about 1/4 cup of water to thin slightly. A bit more can be added if you prefer a thinner consistency..
- To serve top off with some toasted almonds and chopped spring onion..